If you’re experiencing issues with Xfinity router, then knowing how to reset Xfinity router will help you to fix this problem. A router provides internet access to multiple devices at the same time. Sometimes, you can experience connectivity issues with your router or modem. Resetting the Xfinity router is the easiest way to refresh your internet connection. In today’s post, I will teach you how to reset an Xfinity router manually. Xfinity provides internet services for TVs, mobile, and home management. There are four ways for resetting your Xfinity router. You can keep on reading to find out how to reset Xfinity router in detail.
How To Reset Xfinity Router?
Using the following methods, you can easily learn how to reset Xfinity router.
- By Using The Reset Button
- By Turning Off The Router
- By Using The Xfinity My Account App
- By Using Xfinity Website
Many WiFi connectivity problems can be solved by simply resetting your Xfinity router. Nearly 10 minutes are enough to complete the entire resetting process. Without wasting much time, let’s now check out how to reset my Xfinity router in brief.
Click here – How To Reset SimpliSafe Camera?
Reset Xfinity Router By Using Reset Button
Most people prefer to manually reset their Xfinity router when it’s not working. Follow these steps to know how to reset Xfinity router to default setting.
- On your Xfinity router first, locate the reset button.
- Once you find it, press the button for at least five seconds.
- As you release the reset button, all the LED lights power off.
Thus, your Xfinity router is now reset and will restart again automatically. This hack will help you to restore your Xfinity Gateway back to its original default settings.
Let us now check out the other alternative ways to do Xfinity troubleshooting.
Reset Xfinity Router By Turning Off The Router
Some Xfinity routers don’t have a reset button either at the front or back of the router. You can try this method to restart your Xfinity router.
- First, turn off your Xfinity router.
- Now, disconnect all the power cables connected to the router.
- Wait for a while after you disconnect all the power cables.
- Lastly, reconnect the power cables back to the router.
- After 30 to 40 seconds, turn on your Xfinity router.
Once the LED lights are settled, you can connect your devices to the internet.
Reset Xfinity Router By Using Xfinity App
Using the Xfinity app, you can easily reset your Xfinity modem via your Xfinity account. Follow these steps to restart Xfinity router remotely.
- Launch the Xfinity My Account app on your smartphone (Apple/ Android devices).
- Then, scroll down to locate the Internet tile.
- Tap on the Internet tile to select your modem.
- Under your modem, select the restart your device option.
Now, you’ve to wait for a while till the entire resetting process completes. It can take roughly 7 to 8 minutes to reset it.
Reset Xfinity Router By Using Xfinity Website
Apart from the Xfinity app, you can even use the official Xfinity website to reset this device. Follow these steps to know how to reset Xfinity router xb7-t.
- On a web browser, visit www.xfinity.com/myaccount.
- Here, sign in using your Xfinity ID and a password.
- Now, scroll down to locate Manage Internet.
- Tap on Manage Internet to select Restart Modem.
- Under Restart Modem, select the Start Troubleshooting option to allow your modem to restart.
This process can take about seven to eight minutes to complete. Remember that your internet connection will be offline during this process.
You can now keep on reading if you want to factory reset the Xfinity router with no internet.
Factory Reset Xfinity Router
The process of restarting is different than a factory reset. Follow these steps to know how to factory reset Xfinity router.
- On a browser, type http://10.0.0.1 to go to the admin tool.
- Here, sign in using your username and password.
- Now, navigate to Troubleshooting.
- Under Troubleshooting, select the Reset/Restore Gateway option.
- Lastly, select the restore factory settings option from the list.
Wait for a while till it completely restores your wireless gateway settings back to their factory default values. This includes firewall settings, managed devices, parental controls, and more.
However, you can also press the Factory Reset button on the device using a non-metallic pointed object like a toothpick.
Reset Xfinity Router Password
While using your Xfinity wireless network, you have to input and confirm the password to connect to other wifi compatible devices. If you’re having issues with the password, then read on to see how to reset Xfinity router password.
- On a web browser, go to www.xfinity.com/password.
- Here, enter your Xfinity account ID.
- Once you’re done, click on the Continue button.
- Complete the security check by typing the Captcha letters in the box.
- Click on the Continue button once you enter the letters.
- Now, how would you like to reset your password window will appear.
- From here, select the way you want to recover your password.
- Again, click on the Continue button to move forward.
- You won’t see a list if you have only one recovery option available.
- If you’ve chosen the reset by mail option, a password reset link will be sent to your mail.
- If you’ve chosen the reset by text option, a reset code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- If you’ve chosen the reset by call, you’ll get an automated call giving the reset code.
- If you’ve chosen the reset by secret question option, you have to give an answer to your question.
- Once you’ve chosen a method of your choice, then click on Continue.
- Now, create a new password dialog box will appear.
- In the create a password text box, enter a new password for your Xfinity account.
- Re-write the password in the next blank text box to confirm your new password.
- Click on Continue to see a confirmation page to move forward.
However, you can even go to www.xfinity.com/username if you don’t sure what’s your username. You can even use the Xfinity My Account app if your Xfinity Gateway login is not working. The Xfinity ID and password section will be under the Users tab > Edit.
Gather more information like this on Resettgo
How Do I Reset My Xfinity Internet Router?
To manually restart your Xfinity router, do the following:
- Locate the “Reset” button found either at the front or back of the router.
- Hold down the button for at least five seconds.
- Once you release the button, your router is reset and will restart.
Is There A Reset Button On Xfinity Modem?
Hard reset the modem by using a small object (paper clip or pin) to hold in the reset button on the back of the modem. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds until all the LED lights power off and wait two minutes.
Why Is My Xfinity Router Not Connecting To The Internet?
Unplug your equipment, wait one minute, and then plug it back in. This method, known as powercycling or rebooting, can fix many connection problems. Make sure your account is up to date on payments by going to the Billing tab in My Account (you may be asked to sign in using your Xfinity ID and password first).
Click here – How To Reset Blink Camera?
How Do I Reset My Router?
How to Reset a Router
- Keep your router plugged in.
- Find your router’s reset button. This will be on the back or the bottom of your router.
- Use a paperclip to hold down the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Wait for the router to power back on.
What Lights Should Be On My Xfinity Router?
The lights you want on your Xfinity router are the “power” light and the “Online” light. But both of these should not be blinking or dull. Instead, they should be solid white.
What Happens If I Reset My Xfinity Router?
Introduction. You may need to reset your router if you forgot the router’s password, or due to a troubleshooting process. Resetting your router will clear all your home networking settings and will change all of your settings back to the defaults.
Normally, a green light means nothing is wrong, but when it comes to Xfinity modem router, this is not the case. If the Xfinity modem is blinking green, then you have an unstable internet connection. Additionally, there could be an issue with the connection you are receiving or the server.
How Often Should I Reboot My Xfinity Router?
Ideally, you should reboot them at least once a month to clear out the memory and refresh your connections. But don’t confuse the term “reboot” with “reset”—they’re not the same. A “reboot” simply restarts your wireless router, while a “reset” restores your router to its default factory settings.
How Do I Connect My Router Back To The Internet?
Reset Your Modem and Router (Power Cycle)
Leave the devices unplugged for 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in followed by the router. Give them both time to boot up and connect by watching the activity lights (usually 1 to 5 minutes). Then try connecting to the Internet again on your computer or connected device.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to reset Xfinity router in detail. It is necessary to reboot your modem if it’s not working properly. Resetting a modem will return to its factory default settings which means you have to configure it again. There are many ways to reset an Xfinity modem depending on its model. You can do this by simply pressing the reset button located either at the back or front of the modem. To return to its default settings, you can even use its website or Xfinity app. You can now successfully do an Xfinity modem reset by learning how to reset Xfinity router.
How do I reset my Xfinity modem router