When a PS5 controller suffers a malfunction, then knowing how to reset PS5 controller helps to fix this issue with the device. PS5 is a popular home video game console that is developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. We all know electronic items tend to break or slow down at some point. It can be annoying when the controller fails during the final round! This guide will help you to understand how to reset PS5 controller when frozen. There are simply two ways to fix a PS5 controller when not working. Keep on reading further to check out how to reset PS5 controller in more detail.
How To Reset PS5 Controller?
Using the following two methods, you can easily learn how to reset PS5 controller in detail.
- By Using A Soft Reset
- By Using A Hard Reset
You can reset your PS5 controller for hundreds of possible reasons. This can be due to connectivity issues, poor gameplay performance, or others. But before you proceed with the reset process, make sure to check all the cable connections properly.
Without wasting much of your time, let us now find out how to reset a PS5 controller in detail.
Reset PS5 Controller By Using A Soft Reset
A soft reset is an easy-going process that does not require any external assistance. This method is ideal for solving simple issues like Bluetooth connectivity issues.
Follow these steps to know how to soft reset a PS5 controller.
- Before you start, disconnect the PS5 controller from the power supply.
- Take the other controller to press the PS button located on it.
- This will lead you to the PS5 home screen.
- Once again press the PS button to open up the Control Center menu on the screen.
- In the Control Center menu, select the Accessories option from the list.
- Under Accessories, jump to the Controllers option.
- From here, select the controller you want to reset.
- Next, select the Turn Off option.
Your PS5 controller is now turned off and the LED light will also turn off. Once the reset process is completed, you can pair the controller again to the PS5 console. Here, the additional controller comes in handy to go to the settings and turn the controller back on.
You can keep on reading further to know how to reset PS5 controller to factory reset.
Reset PS5 Controller By Using A Hard Reset
A hard reset is the best option to consider when the soft reset method fails. This method will help you to save your PS5 by kicking out the controller problems. Basically, it returns the controller back to its original factory settings.
Follow these steps to know how to factory reset PS5 controller Bluetooth.
- Before you start, disconnect the PS5 controller from the power supply.
- Now, unplug the PS5 console.
- Using the SIM ejector tool or a paper clip, perform the reset on the PS5 controller.
- First, place the PS5 controller on a flat, solid surface by turning it upside down.
- Now, locate a small reset hole beside the SONY logo.
- Next, you’ve to insert the SIM ejector pin or a paper clip in that hole.
- Make sure you long-press the reset button for about 5 seconds.
- Remove the pin to pair the controller to the PS5 console.
Thus, your PS5 controller is now back to its original factory settings. You can use the same procedure to know how to reset PS5 controller drift.
Reset PS5 Controller Without Console
Do you know how to reset PS5 controller without a console? Surprisingly, you can use external devices like a keyboard or a mouse to factory reset your device. Use the keyboard keys or a wireless mouse to navigate to the factory reset steps discussed above. Just make sure your keyboard and mouse have a USB type A cord or else it won’t work.
Tips To Remember If You’re Still Experiencing Issues
Sometimes, even after performing a soft and hard reset, the PS5 controller doesn’t work efficiently. In such cases, you can try one of the following hacks if your PS5 controller still won’t connect.
- Replace the old USB-C cable with a new one to connect to the controller.
- Make sure you thoroughly examine the space around the controller and console to see if there are any obstacles. This might lead to the Bluetooth controller malfunctioning.
- It is very important to keep the system software well updated.
- Lastly, you can visit Sony’s PlayStation Fix and Replace page to determine whether your system can be repaired or not.
Let us now check out how to connect the PS5 controller to a PC.
Connect PS5 Controller To A PC
Using the Bluetooth feature, you can easily pair your PS5 controller to your PC. Follow these steps if you want to add this device to your PC.
- On your Windows PC, go to Settings.
- Under this menu, search and select Bluetooth and Devices.
- In this Bluetooth and Devices section, click on the Add a Device option.
- Now, hold the PS and Create buttons on your PS5 controller.
- Keep holding it for at least 3 seconds until it starts flashing blue light.
- Go back to the Add a Device window on your PC.
- Here, locate and select your controller from the list.
- Once your select your controller, the blue light will stop flashing.
- It will soon emit a steady blue light indicating it’s connected to the PC.
- Click on Done to close the Add a Device window.
This method is suitable for controllers with batteries. You can use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect your PS5 controller to your computer. Just connect the USB-C end to your controller and the USB-A end to your PC.
Note: You can use the same procedure to know how to sync PS5 controller.
Gather more information like this on Resettgo
How Do I Fix My PS5 Controller Glitch?
To fix PS5 DualSense Controller analog stick drift, users should:
- Ensure that their controller is fully updated.
- Clean the controller.
- Restore the analog sticks.
- Use Deadzone functions in certain games.
- Reset the controller and then reconnect it to your PS5.
What Causes PS5 Controller Drift?
It gets in the grooves, under the shoulder triggers, under the face buttons, and just about anywhere else there is a recess. Unfortunately, this means dirt gets under the thumb sticks, too. This is the perfect place for grime to live, and unfortunately it can cause DualSense drift.
How Do I Pair My PS5 Controller?
While pressing and holding the create button, press and hold the PS Button until the light bar blinks. Enable Bluetooth on your device, and then seelect the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices. When pairing is complete, the light bar blinks, and then the player indicator lights up.
Why Does My PS5 Controller Keep Flashing Blue?
The PS5 controller flashes mostly blue or orange for a few seconds. Blinking blue means it is turning on or trying to connect. Flashing orange means it is charging. So there is nothing wrong with a controller flashing.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to reset your PS5 controller in brief. The PlayStation 5 controller is compatible with PC as well as TV. You can use Bluetooth or a USB-C connecting cable to access and reset the controller. To make your PS5 controller function properly, you can perform a soft or hard reset. Just press the PS button twice to access the Control Center menu using which you can turn off your PS5 controller. To factory reset your controller, you can press the reset hole using a pin. Thus, you’ve just learned how to reset PS5 controller to get rid of all frustrating issues!
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit GrowMeUp
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit GuessingTrick
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit HindiSaath
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit HindiVeda
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit HowTat