When the iPod Touch isn’t working properly, knowing how to reset iPod Touch might solve this problem. We all know the iPod is a series of portable media players designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The first version of this multi-purpose mobile device was released in 2001. So, in today’s post, I will discuss how to reset iPod Touch 7th, 6th, 5th, and earlier generations. There are three ways to reset your iPod Touch when you are selling or restoring your iPad Touch. Each of these methods can easily fix an unresponsive iPod Touch. Let’s now find out how to reset iPod Touch in more detail.
How To Reset iPod Touch?
Using the following three methods, you can easily learn how to reset iPod Touch.
- By Doing A Soft Reset
- By Doing A Hard Reset
- By Doing A Factory Reset
A soft reset is like a reboot! When a soft reset doesn’t work, you can do a hard reset. However, you can do a factory reset if you are planning to resell the device to someone.
Without wasting much time, let us now check out how to reset iPod Mini Touch.
Click here – How To Reset Honeywell Thermostat?
Reset iPod Touch By Doing A Soft Reset
You can do a soft reset on your iPod Touch if it’s freezing up or experiencing any other problems. Follow these steps to know how to soft reset iPod Touch.
- Before you start, locate the sleep or wake button on your iPod.
- Once you find it, press the sleep button for a couple of seconds.
- This opens the power off slider on the screen.
- Now, release the sleep button once this slider appears.
- Just slide the power off slider to turn off the device.
- A spinner appears on the screen indicating the device is shut down.
- After a while, it disappears by turning the screen dim.
- Again, press the sleep button to wake up the device.
- Keep holding the sleep button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button to start using the device.
Whatever was causing the issue on your iPod is now been fixed! What if the iPod Touch is still misbehaving? Don’t worry, you can try performing a hard reset on the device.
Reset iPod Touch By Doing A Hard Reset
A hard reset is only recommended when the iPod Touch isn’t responding well. This can be frozen, unresponsive, or stuck in an app. Follow these steps to learn how to hard reset iPod Nano Touch.
- Before you start, locate the sleep or wake button on your iPod.
- If you’re using the 6th generation, press the Sleep and Home button simultaneously.
- If you’re using the 7the generation, press the Sleep and Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Keep pressing both buttons after the power off slider appears.
- Due to this, the screen flashes and turns black.
- This starts the hard reset process.
- After a few seconds, the screen will turn on.
- The Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Once this logo appears, release both buttons.
Thus, your iPod Touch is now ready to use! Your music and other settings will still be there as normal.
You can keep on reading to know how to reset iPod Touch to factory settings.
Reset iPod Touch By Doing A Factory Reset
People prefer doing a factory reset when they planning to dispose of their iPod. There are two ways to do a factory reset on this device via the Settings menu and using iTunes.
Factory Reset On iPod Touch Via Settings Menu
Follow these steps to know how to factory reset iPod Touch.
- On your iPod Touch, navigate to the Settings menu.
- From this menu, select the General and Reset section.
- Under this section, select Erase All Content and Settings.
Now, wait for a while till the device delete all of your settings, personal data, and music it contains. Your device will now return back to its default settings.
Factory Reset On iPod Touch Via iTunes
Surprisingly, you can even perform this resetting process using iTunes. Follow these steps to know how to reset iPod Touch with iTunes.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPod Touch to your PC.
- Open the iTunes app on your PC.
- Then, recognize and select your device.
- From the left pane of iTunes, select Summary.
- From the center, select Reset Device.
- Select Yes to confirm your choice before the process starts.
Before you start, make sure you’ve saved all of the data from your iPod Touch. However, you can use any one method to know how to factory reset iPod Touch without a password.
Gather more information like this on Resettgo
Can I Reset An iPod Touch Without iTunes?
Press the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 10 seconds. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo. This will reset your iPod Touch. Both methods of running the power cycle are equally effective, and they take a matter of seconds to execute.
Why Is My iPod Touch Unresponsive?
Turn off the iPod and than hit the Power button again to turn the iPod back on. Do a hard reset of your iPod by holding down the Power and home buttons for 10 seconds simultaneously. The Apple logo should appear within 10 seconds, if it doesn’t you may need a new battery.
Is The iPod Touch Dead?
After 20 years, Apple officially retires the last remaining iPod. The iPod touch is finally dead. Pour one out for the iPod, a line of devices that revolutionized portable music more than two decades ago.
How Do You Erase An iPod Without Apple ID Password?
You can erase all the memory off of your iPad Touch without the password by connecting the device to iTunes, and then placing the device in the Device Firmware Update mode.
Click here – How To Reset Keyboard On iPhone?
Can You Factory Reset A Locked iPod?
Hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons together for about eight seconds. Repeat this process until the iPod resets. When your iPod is disabled for some reason, this reset will usually restore performance to normal.
What Is Apple Replacing The iPod Touch With?
Apple today announced that it is officially discontinuing the iPod touch, an out of date accessory that has been replaced by other devices like the iPhone and the iPad.
How Do I Factory Reset My Ipod Touch Without Logging In?
Simply hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down simultaneously. Release buttons till the Apple icon appears on the screen. Wait for iPod to restart.
How To Factory Reset Locked Iphone Without Passcode And Computer?
4: Use the Hard Reset Feature
Are you wondering how to reset a locked iPhone without a computer? Simply press and hold the Volume buttons and Home button at the same time. iPhone X, 8 & Newer: Press and hold the Volume up button, then the Volume Down button, and the side button at the same time.
In the above post, I’ve thoroughly explained how to reset iPod Touch without a password or computer. You can easily reset your iPod Touch without leaking your content and personal information. Simply touch and hold the sleep/wake button and the Home/Volume down button at the same time for about 15 seconds. Using the Power Off Slider, turn off the device. Once again press both methods until the Apple logo appears. No matter which method you choose, the end result will give you a completely fresh iPod Touch! Thus, you can easily reset your iPod Touch by yourself after learning how to reset iPod Touch.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit ListyTop
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Longests
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MainAdvantages
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MeaningInHindiOf
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit MesBrand
How do I hard reset my original iPod