When a graphics driver continues freezing, then knowing how to reset graphics driver can help you in this scenario. A corrupted graphics driver is the same as having a corrupted system or app file. This won’t let you communicate with the computer hardware efficiently. However, in several cases, it won’t work at all! Don’t panic, today’s guide will help you to understand how to reset graphics driver on a Windows laptop and Chromebook. Here, I’ve explained five simple methods to quickly fix this issue. Without wasting one more minute, let’s now check out how to reset graphics driver in more detail.
How To Reset Graphics Driver?
Using the following methods, you can easily get to know how to reset graphics driver in detail.
- Use Keyboard Shortcut Buttons
- Use Device Manager
- Use Control Panel
- Use Task Manager
- Use Windows PowerShell
Performing a simple reset can free up any trapped cache data. This ultimately gives smooth performance to your device. You must consider doing a reset on your graphics driver when you are working long hours.
Let us now first check out how to reset graphics driver using a shortcut.
Reset Graphics Driver Using Keyboard Shortcut
Restarting your graphics driver is a good start if you’re facing display issues. You can reset graphics driver on Windows 10 via shortcut: Win + Ctrl + Shift + B. This command will turn your screen black just for a second. But don’t worry, this will reset your graphics driver. This keyboard shortcut can potentially fix any issues without closing other programs. So, you can use can definitely use this technique if you’re using a gaming PC!
You can keep on reading to know how to reset the graphics driver on Windows PC using other methods.
Click here – How To Reset Xfinity Remote?
Reset Graphics Driver Using Device Manager
You can prefer resetting a graphics driver via Device Manager. Follow these steps to know how to reset graphics driver on Windows 7.
- On your computer keyboard, press the Win + R keys.
- This will open up the Run dialog box on your PC screen.
- Go to the Open text box to type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, click on the OK option to launch the Device Manager window.
- Then, you’ve to click on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Next, locate and right-click on your graphics card.
- From the drop-down list, select the Uninstall option.
- Lastly, click on the Yes button to confirm you would like to uninstall the driver.
Once you complete all the steps, wait for a while to allow your PC to restart automatically. However, you can use the same procedure to learn how to reset the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Reset Graphics Driver Using Control Panel
Before this, did you know that a control panel can be used for resetting a graphics driver? Yes, you’ve read correctly! Follow these steps to know how to reset graphics card on Windows 10.
- From the Start button, select or search for Control Panel.
- This opens up the Control Panel window with a list of options.
- From this window, scroll down to locate the System icon.
- Then, select Device Manager.
- Under this section, click on Display Drivers.
- Here, select for graphics cards you want to reset.
- Select Uninstall from the context menu
- To confirm the reset process, click on the Yes button.
After a while, your PC will restart and then reinstall the graphics driver automatically. If there is still an issue, you can consider using the next method.
Reset Graphics Driver Using Task Manager
Another simple way to reset your graphics driver quickly is using Task Manager. Follow these steps to know how to reset graphics driver on Windows 11.
- Using the Start button, search for the Task Manager app.
- You can even press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch this app.
- This will open up the Task Manager window on your PC.
- In this window, navigate to the Processes tab.
- Then, scroll down to locate the Background processes section.
- Here, locate and right-click on the graphics driver you wish to reset.
- This opens up a drop-down menu.
- From this menu, select the End task option.
Now, you’ve to wait for a while to finish the resetting process.
Reset Graphics Driver Using Windows PowerShell
Some people prefer using commands to reset their graphics driver via Windows PowerShell. Follow these steps to know how to reset graphics cards.
- On your Windows PC, open up the Windows PowerShell app.
- You can even use the Win + X command to launch this app.
- This will open up the Windows Powershell windows.
- Here, type: pnputil /enum-devices /class Display and then press Enter.
- This will display all the details of your display adapters.
- Now, locate and copy the Instance ID of the graphics driver you want to reset.
- Next, write: pnputil /restart-device “Paste the Instance ID” and then press Enter.
This method will refresh your external and built-in graphics drivers separately.
Reset Graphics Driver On Chromebook
You can make your Chromebook run faster by doing a factory reset! This will help you to get rid of any useless drivers. Follow these steps to know how to reset graphics driver on Chromebook.
- Open your Chromebook to sign out from the owner account.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys on your keyboard.
- Next, select the Refresh option.
- Front the next window, select Powerwash.
- Then, click on the Continue button.
This will start the resetting procedure on your Chromebook. Once the process completes, sign in again to set up your Chromebook.
Gather more information like this on Resettgo
Can You Reset Your Graphics Card?
You may use the shortcut – Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B keys simultaneously on your device. This will restart your graphics card. Any ongoing apps or games will not be closed while using this shortcut. The screen may go black, and you may also hear a beep sound.
Is Resetting Graphics Driver Good?
Restarting your graphics driver is a good place to start if you are having display issues as it is quick and easy and will likely fix your issue.
How Do I Reset Graphics Settings?
Click Start > Settings > System > Display. Scroll down, and click on Graphic settings. Click on any app, and click Options. Let Windows decide will reset the GPU preferences.
How Do I Clean My Graphics Driver And Reinstall?
Now use the following procedure to clean install your graphics drivers:
- Step 1: Download the driver you need. First and foremost, you should download the driver you need.
- Step 2: Create a system restore point.
- Step 3: Uninstall your current graphics drivers.
- Step 4: Install the downloaded driver.
Is My Graphics Card Corrupted?
If you get stuttering along with other warning signs, there’s a good chance it’s your graphics card. Screen glitches: If you’re playing a game or watching a movie and suddenly start seeing tearing or weird colors appearing all over the screen, your graphics card might be dying.
What Do I Press To Reset My Graphics Driver?
Step 1: Press Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B. Step 2: Your screen(s) will flash black (if they aren’t black already) as the driver refreshes. If it worked, you should find your PC is working again. If this problem persists, you might want to consider reinstalling your graphics driver anyway.
What Happens If You Reset GPU Drivers?
Resetting the graphics driver only reinitializes the graphics card, so it cannot fix a corrupted graphics driver. You will need to reinstall the latest graphics drivers. To do that, you may follow these steps: Open a Run dialog by pressing Win + R shortcut.
Is It OK To Reset Graphics Driver?
Don’t worry. It’s a deceptively simple process to resolve various issues caused due to a malfunctioning GPU. If your gaming PC suffers from weirdl display glitches such as black screens or if you’re getting error messages while playing games, most of these issues can be resolved by resetting your graphics driver.
Click here – How To Reset A Chromecast?
In this post, I’ve explained how to reset your graphics driver in brief. The easiest way to reset graphics driver on a PC is using the Task Manager, Control Panel, and Device Manager. You can even use Windows 10 reset graphics driver command line: Win + Ctrl + Shift + B to start this process. The Windows PowerShell method equally performs well. You must be thinking what does resetting graphics driver do? Don’t worry, they won’t cause any harm to your device. It simply turns your PC screen black just for a second. Thus, you can easily remove errors from these drivers by learning how to reset graphics driver.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CrazzyCricket
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CricFor
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EagerClub
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EarthCycle
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit EkSankalpJob
How do you reset graphics settings on Windows 11
How do I Reset my graphics driver Windows 10?