If your graphics card is malfunctioning, then knowing how to reset graphics card can help you to fix this problem. A graphic card is an expansion card that helps to generate output images for your device. In fact, your GPU is the main component that performs the computations for a graphic card. Due to this graphic card, your system can collapse. Today, we will discuss how to reset graphics card on Chromebook, Windows 10, and MacBook. Resetting a graphics card is one quick way to fix this issue. Without wasting much time, let us now find out how to reset graphics card in detail.
How To Reset Graphics Card?
Using the following methods, you can easily learn how to reset graphics card.
- By Using Keyboard Shortcut Commands
- By Using Task Manager
- By Using Device Manager
- By Using Control Panel
- By Using Windows PowerShell
Simple keyboard shortcut commands come in handy to perform a system reset on the graphics card. You can also reset the graphics card through Task Manager, Device Manager, Windows PowerShell, and Control Panel. Each of these methods will help you to reset it to the default configuration.
You can keep on reading to check out how to reset your graphics card with keyboard shortcuts.
Click here – How To Reset Google WiFi?
Reset Graphics Card Using Keyboard Shortcut Commands
This is one of the quickest ways to reset your graphics driver via keyboard shortcut commands. So, how to reset graphics card on a keyboard? You simply have to press the Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B keys at the same time. After a while, your monitor screen will freeze for a second. It will also produce a beep sound and turn your screen black for a short time.
Then, your computer will reset graphics driver black screen and will start operating normally without any error.
Reset Graphics Card Using Task Manager
It is also possible to reset your graphics cards from the Task Manager. Here’s how you can reset graphics cards in the Task Manager.
- First, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on the keyboard to launch the Task Manager.
- Then, go to the Processes tab.
- Here, scroll down to locate the Background processes option.
- Look for your graphics cards or drivers.
- Once you find it, right-click on it to open a drop-down menu.
- From this menu, select End task.
- Wait for a while to complete the entire resetting process.
After a while, your Windows PC will restart the driver. Or else you can even force restart Windows as well.
Reset Graphics Card Using Device Manager
Using the Device Manager, you can easily refresh and reset your graphics card. You can follow these steps to know how to reset graphics cards on Windows 7.
- Press the Win + R keys using your keyboard.
- This will launch the Run dialog box on your PC.
- In the Open text box, type devmgmt.msc.
- Click on the OK option to open the Device Manager.
- Now, click on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Then, right-click on your graphics card.
- From the drop-down menu, select Uninstall.
- Click on Yes to confirm you would like to uninstall the driver.
Wait for a while to restart your PC automatically.
Reset Graphics Card Using Control Panel
Resetting graphics cards can also be done through the Control Panel. Follow these instructions to know how to reset the graphics card on a PC.
- Click on the Start button to select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, scroll down to locate and choose System.
- Under the System window, click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, double-click on Display Drivers.
- Here, look for graphics cards you want to reset.
- Once you find it, right-click on the selected graphics card.
- From the context menu, select Uninstall.
- Click on Yes to confirm you would like to uninstall the driver.
Restart your PC when prompted. Once it reopens, your PC will automatically detect the new graphics card and will reinstall the drivers.
Reset Graphics Card Using Windows PowerShell
You can reset your graphics card by using Windows PowerShell. Follow these steps to know how this method actually works.
- On your Windows PC, press Windows + X.
- From the pop-up menu, select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Then, type: pnputil /enum-devices /class Display and press Enter.
- This will show you the details of all your display adapters.
- Now, locate and copy their Instance ID.
- Then, type: pnputil /restart-device “Paste the Instance ID” and press Enter.
This method is very rarely used if you want to separately refresh your external drivers along with built-in graphics cards.
Reset Graphics Card On BIOS
Surprisingly, you can reset your graphics card from your BIOS. But the BIOS menu can be different on each PC model. Here are general directions on how to reset graphics card BIOS.
- First, restart your computer.
- Then, press the Esc key on your computer keyboard.
- Now, press the F10 key twice to begin the BIOS setup on your device.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Advanced Chipset Features option.
- Then, select the Video BIO Cacheable option from the list.
- Next, you’ve to press the + and – keys to enable the BIOS settings.
- After this, again press the F10 key.
- Click on Yes to confirm you would like to reset your graphic card in BIOS.
Now, your graphics card is updated and may stop creating trouble in the future.
Reset Graphics Card On Mac OS
You can easily reset the graphics driver on Mac PCs by performing a system reset. Follow these steps if you want to reset your Mac OS PC.
- On your Mac PC, click on the Apple icon.
- From the drop-down menu bar, select System Preferences.
- Then, select the Erase All Contents and Settings option from the list.
- Now, follow all on-screen instructions to start the resetting process.
You can even use the keyboard keys Option + Command + P + R to reset your graphics driver via PRAM or NVRAM.
Gather more information like this on Resettgo
Is It Good To Reset Your Graphics Drivers?
Restarting your graphics driver is a good place to start if you are having display issues as it is quick and easy and will likely fix your issue.
How Do I Reset My Graphics Card BIOS?
- Restart or power on the PC.
- Press the key as shown on the screen to enter the BIOS.
- Scroll down to “Video BIOS Cacheable.” Press the “+” and “-” keys to change the setting to “Enabled.”
- Press “F10;” then highlight “Yes” and press “Enter,” to reset the BIOS cache on the NVIDIA graphics card.
How Do I Reset My Graphics Card Without Restarting It?
Press the reset video driver hotkey
Whenever a display issue arises, simply press the Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut. When you press those keys simultaneously, the screen will very briefly go blank. You’ll also hear a beep before everything reappears. So, don’t be alarmed when that happens.
How Do I Fix A Corrupted Graphics Driver?
Here are some ways to fix corrupt drivers in Windows 10.
- Update Drivers From the Device Manager Menu. Windows 10 automatically updates your drivers through the updates it rolls out.
- Reinstall Drivers.
- Run Windows Troubleshooter.
- Scan Your System for Any Virus Using Windows Security.
- Update Windows 10.
Can A Graphics Card Be Fixed?
Unfortunately, there is no way of fixing a dead graphics card. If your GPU’s memory and core (the two most important components) are not working, you can’t go to shop and get it repaired. This is because GPUs are all “use-and-throw” type.
Is RTX 3060 Ti Worth Buying?
Verdict: The RTX 3060 Ti is Still a Great Upgrade for Many Gamers. Plenty of gamers still own a GPU that predates both NVIDIA’s 30-series and its 20-series graphics cards. In fact, the most recent Steam Hardware Survey shows that the most common graphics card used for gaming on Steam is still the GTX 1060.
Why Is My GPU Screen Black?
If you’ve disabled your machine’s main graphics chip, your screen will instantly go black. This situation occurs because the hardware sending visual data to your screen is inactive. Regardless, the problem is purely a software issue and is entirely reversible by merely resetting the CMOS that controls the BIOS.
Is It OK To Reset Graphics Card?
Ans: Yes, it is usually OK to reset your graphics card. Resetting your graphics card can be a useful troubleshooting step when you are experiencing issues such as screen glitches, stuttering, blue screens, and game crashes.
Click here – How To Reset HomePod Mini?
In the above post, I’ve explained how to reset graphics driver on Windows PC and Mac OS. Updating and resetting your graphics driver is the best way to fix the problems with your graphics card. This can be done through the Device Manager which allows you to install and uninstall devices and drivers on your system. You can even use the keyboard shortcut keys Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B to reset your graphics card. During this method, your screen will go black and then restart automatically. Thus, you can now easily reset graphics drivers on your system by learning how to reset graphics card.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit SnapperNews
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Snorable
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit SquareRoott
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit StarCasto
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit StatusKDuniya
Does resetting PC remove GPU drivers
Is it OK to reset graphics card